Fashion. Creations. Vintage. Opinions. Self love. Photography. Advice. Festivals. Body image. Friends.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

What a sweet, simple JOY.

"My mother is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her."
-The smell of Noxzema reminds me of my mother. When I was growing up she would put it on her face EVERYDAY. Sometimes, she would walk around and forget she had it on :).
-Her makeup was/is always perfect and beautiful.

-Every time I am sick I wish I had my mother to take care of me. No matter how well someone looked after and pampered me...I would secretly be wishing for my mom.
-Sometimes when I'm hungry and don't know what sounds good...I miss being able to say "Mom, what should I eat?" in a very whiny voice...and then going "Will you fix me a snack?"
-She read to my every morning until I was probably 11. She would read me all of my chapter books(YES, I just said chapter books:) Since then, I don't think I have enjoyed a book that much. On occasion I can even remember exactly what her voice sounded like as my narrator and the smell of the black coffee she would be drinking.
-If we ever didn't have a good day together, she would wake me up in the middle of the night to apologize to me.
-She would snuggle me whenever I needed and never let me leave the house without an "I love you."
I would also like to take this day to shine light on another wonderful mother, my BEAUTIFUL Kiari! She, like my own mother, is a wonderful photographer. She is doing a great favor for her little Caela by documenting her life in photos.
I love you Kiari, you are a bright star in my life!!
PLEASE check out her AMAZING photos on her blog: Kiarisafari


Photos via: Postsecret, Kiarisafari

No comments: