Fashion. Creations. Vintage. Opinions. Self love. Photography. Advice. Festivals. Body image. Friends.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Are you kidding me??

"Is that a joke?"
That's usually what I'm thinking when some schmuck attempts to get fresh.

"Oh, hell no hunny. Look elsewhere."


I don't think anyone could have said it better than my dear friend Amanda Lyn:

"I love being pretty but, I wish men were more civilized!"

"American girl in Italy, 1951."

This is one of my favorite photos of all time taken by one of my favorite photographers of all time, Ruth Orkin.

Any lady(not woman, lady) would agree it is sooooooo annoying when men act barbaric or stare like it's the last pretty girl they will lay eyes on. However, what is exceptionally annoying is to know that the times have changed so much and they just don't mold men like they used to.

When this photo was taken any of those men probably would have loved to marry that beautiful woman...NOW, when a man looks at you all he (probably) wants to DO is...wellll, YOU. If your okay with that, then more power to you!


This is what looks ideal to me...

WHAT?? A girl can dream. Geeeeeeeeeeez.

1 comment:

KristinaBeana said...

For realsies!! When a creepo gawks at you it makes you feel like they're raping you with their eyes. I was just telling Hil how I was walking from the tanning salon to my car last week when it was all nice out, and I was wearing my favorite dress from last summer... Well I've..."filled out"... a bit since last summer and didn't realize how much said dress showcases my girls. Anywho, in the 2 blocks from tanning to my car, FOUR otherwise nice-looking guys practically LEANED OVER and DROOLED in my cleavage! I promptly pulled out my "*gasp* how dare you!" face and covered the twins up a little better. I mean, a glance is fine. I'm the one unleashing them for summer so that's to be expected. Hell, I like stealing a glance at some perky boobies too, but have some class for heavens sake and DONT STARE!!